Clobotics completes $30MM capital elevate to fund the continued acceleration of enterprise outcomes – Drones Information
Clobotics announced today that the company has completed the Pre-B-4 series capital increase and has received an additional $ 30 million investment to provide “Insight Insights” customers in the wind and retail industries. Clobotics uses computer vision technology to serve customers in two industries:
- For consumer goods companies and retailers, Clobotics Retail collects insights as a service
Market intelligence by converting physical retail settings into digital data and insights that make it possible
Customers have to make decisions in near real time in order to optimize the marketing mix.
- Clobotics Wind Services carries out drones for manufacturers and owners of wind turbines
Bucket and tower inspections, which are an integral part of planning the maintenance budget and can also help optimize energy yield.
“We thank our investors for the trust they show in Clobotics, and so do we
We are proud of our product and business results to date, ”said George Yan, CEO of Clobotics. “This
Additional investments will enable important new business initiatives, including expanding
our business with the wind industry in the Americas region under the leadership of our new
Managing Director Rogers Weed as well as the significant advancement of our retail technology and
Product development and increasing commercial capacity to serve new markets and customers
The investment round was led by Sanxia Xintai, a leading growth fund in China that specializes in
technology-driven companies. Other co-investors are existing shareholders and two
more new investors.
“George and the team at Clobotics have made impressive progress in the first four years of their existence
Company, ”said Fanny Cheng, partner at CDIB Capital. “Your approach to innovation – investing
both in the front-end data acquisition systems and in the back-end machine learning
Technology – enables important new functions for your customers. We look forward to
continue to provide the financial support to help them scale their world-class solutions to that
next level. “
Clobotics was founded in late 2016 by four former Microsoft executives. The company was global from the start, with offices and engineering teams in Seattle and Shanghai. Its mission is to digitize, analyze, automate and predict customers in the industries they operate in to empower them.
Business highlights so far are:
• Three full versions of the company’s end-to-end wind turbine inspection system and
Providing analytics and reports to clients including the Clobotics IBISTM drone for autonomous visual inspection of wind turbine blades and the Clobotics IRISTM backend to quickly analyze images to understand blade conditions and generate reports and recommendations for clients.
• Developed and released the Retail Execution Assistant smartphone application and door-mounted, internet-connected SmartViewTM Cooler camera for quick in-store image capture, uploaded to Clobotics IRISTM for analysis to track execution in-store and Inform the retail marketing strategy.
• Over 14,000 wind turbines worldwide have been tested for global brands such as Goldwind, Vestas and GE Renewable Energy.
• Over 1.5 billion on-shelf SKUs are identified for leading consumer goods companies such as Procter & Gamble and Coca Cola, as well as retailers such as Walmart and Wushang.
“Clobotics has become a valuable technology partner for us,” said Reiner Becker, Commercial Director at Coca Cola. “The VIC (Visual Intelligent Cooler) service offers an insight into our complex retail environments that was previously not possible.”
Previous articleSmall UAV coalition welcomes Zipline as a memberNext articleIprosurv is striving to bring more professionalism to the drone sector with the introduction of a new network offering