Foxeer 4K break up digicam for FPV drones
Foxeer, RunCam, and Caddx’s biggest rivals have just announced a new 4K shared camera for small racing FPV drones. The Foxeer 4K has a powerful Ambarella A12 imaging processor and a Sony IMX117 1 / 2.3-inch CMOS sensor. If I remember correctly, similar hardware had the older one Legend 3 camera, buy in a different form factor.
The camera can be configured in several ways. It has a WIFI connection for mobile APP operation, PWM control and a control card with two buttons.
To be honest, you should come up with this camera at least two years earlier. Not only is the Foxeer 4K out of date for 2020, it’s also damn expensive. Nowadays you can buy one for almost half the price CADDX VISTA HD FPV system with DJI FPV compatible digital HD video transmission.
Foxeer 4K camera highlights
- Split design for easy installation;
- Ambarella A12 imaging processor and Sony IMX117 1 / 2.3 ″ 12MP CMOS sensor;
- True 4K recording (up to 30 FPS);
- Slow motion mode (1080p @ 120fps);
- Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS);
- PWM remote control;
- WiFi remote control via mobile APP.