India – FlytBase UAV Methods Engineer – Drones Information
place: Pune, India
We are looking for a self-motivated and passionate person with a strong willingness to learn and leadership skills. This position is for a flight test engineer with exposure to building and flight SUAS (RC Multirotors and Fixed Wings). See the detailed job description below.
• Plan and execute flight test plans for new software features, electronics, sensors, and payloads.
• Perform a practical mechanical and electrical integration of new hardware components into the internal fleet of test vehicles for R&D and testing.
• Troubleshooting and debugging of components of a drone in the office or on site. Vehicle maintenance – Have the fleet ready for flight tests.
• Participate in defining and validating customer workflows and improving the user experience.
• Coordinate the cross-team efforts of FlytBase engineers to resolve issues identified during flight tests.
• Foster collaboration with the FlytBase development team, business development team and customer support team to incorporate customer feedback and functional requirements into the FlytBase product development cycle.
• Learn more about the domain and its competitors to suggest new drone applications as well as improvements to existing ones
Experience / skills
• Experience in flight tests and in the operation / piloting of small UAS and / or RC aircraft (both fixed-wing and multi-rotor systems).
• Experience in using flight planning and ground control station software.
• Familiarity with UAV platforms such as Pixhawk, DJI, Ardupilot and PX4.
• Experience in the integration, operation and coordination of autopilots in a large number of unmanned vehicles.
• Basic knowledge of electrical test equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope) and UAS sensors.
• Ability to work hands-on with electromechanical systems, including assembly, disassembly, testing and troubleshooting.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
Good to have
• Basics of RF communication.
• Passion for flying robots, d. H. drones.
• Programming languages and scripts for technical purposes (C ++, C, MATLAB, Python).
According to industry standards.
+ Fast startup culture
+ Hacker mode environment
+ Great team
+ Flexible working hours
+ Informal dress code
+ Free snacks
What is FlytBase?
FlytBase (flytbase.com) develops intelligent software that leverages reliable off-the-shelf drone hardware to automate and scale the deployment of drones for commercial use cases. The FlytBase platform is hardware independent, has intelligent plugins for autonomy, manages drone fleets over 4G / 5G and uses APIs for integration into company workflows. FlytBase is a company from Silicon Valley (California, USA) with offices in Pune, India. Widely recognized as a pioneer in the commercial drone ecosystem, FlytBase continues to win awards worldwide. The most recent award is the “NTT Data Open Innovation Global Champion 2019” award.