Mavic Air 2 equipment evaluate: DJI licensed, made by PGYTech
Choosing the right accessories and devices for your Mavic Air 2 can be complicated.
First you have to decide what you really need? Fun, security, storage, video creation or all kinds of accessories from the same trusted brand? This is where PGYTech comes into the picture. Not only do they offer a wide range of Air 2 accessories, they are also among the few (if not the only) manufacturers officially approved by DJI.
PGY-Tech is a Chinese company that specializes in action cameras, smartphones and drone devices. They recently launched a wide range of DJI Mavic 2 accessories, including a range of optical filters (UV, ND, VND and CPL).
Like me in mine Mavic Air 2 reviewThe Standard Edition comes in a cardboard box, making it difficult to carry, even if it’s an extremely portable drone. If you spend nearly $ 1000 on such gear, it’s definitely worth investing in a good suitcase. PGYTech offers 4 types of storage solutions, including a comfortable backpack and a hard case for air travel.
PGYTech Mavic Air 2 ND filter, propeller holder and case check
Disclosure: I received this Mavic Air 2 drone accessory as part of a product review collaboration PGYTECH. Although the gears were offered for free, all opinions in this review remain my own!
After reviewing all of the Mavic Air 2 accessories, we agreed to test three of them (carrying case, propeller holder, and ND filter kit). All gears were well packaged with an included instruction manual and bonus Pgytech stickers. Now let’s take a closer look at each of them!
1. PGYTech Mavic Air 2 carrying case
As a design, I could say that the PGYTech case has an elegant rather than a sporty line. Fashionable people are sure to love it. The housing is made of multi-layer TPU material and has a waterproof zipper. It protects its valuable content on rainy days.
The case measures approximately 29 x 23 x 12 cm and weighs a little over half a kilo. A handler is included as standard, but a shoulder strap is also included. Carrying the case is very convenient, the strap can be adjusted depending on your height.
The PGYTech Mavic Air 2 housing has special compartments for the drone, the remote control, two batteries, the charger and the combi charging hub. While the RC and batteries are secured with a Velcro flap, the rest of the accessories are secured with rubber bands.
- A specially shaped housing for Mavic Air 2;
- Stylish and yet indestructible (TPU multilayer material);
- Special compartments for RC, drone, battery charger and 3-way charger;
- Internal elastic bands;
- Removable shoulder strap and integrated handle for easy transportation
- IP34 waterproof (sealed waterproof zipper).
- Suitable for both Mavic Air 2 combo and standard Packs;
- Impact and water-repellent outer shell;
- Adjustable shoulder strap + hand strap;
- Inexpensive, just $ 49.90 – order from Here
- I’m not a big fan of the vertical form factor.
- Missing inner zip pocket for small accessories such as memory cards.
2. PGYTech Mavic Air 2 propeller holder
The kit includes two brackets, one large for front propellers that attach the blades to the top of the drone, and a smaller one for attaching the rear supports to the bottom of the aircraft. While the lower protection is made entirely of soft rubber, the upper one consists of two plastic pieces that are tied together with a rubber band.
Without a doubt, these tiny devices do their job perfectly. They hold and protect the propellers during storage and transportation. I know this job can be done with cheap rubber bands, but they don’t look as good as these PGYTech prop holder.
The installation of the knife holder is very easy. You only need to fold the propellers inwards and attach the protectors as shown in the illustration below.
- Compact and light;
- Specially designed to efficiently hold and protect Mavic Air 2 propellers.
- Only $ 12.90, buy at PGYTech
3. PGYTech Mavic Air 2 ND filter package (ND8, ND16, ND32 and ND64)
Filters come in a box with a magnetic lid, which I found more interesting than practical. Four neutral filters (ND8, ND16, ND32 and 64) and a cleaning cloth are included. The multi-coated Schott glass filters are mounted in a light red aluminum frame.
An aperture (f-number) in photography halves or doubles the amount of light that falls through the lens. With filters with neutral density you always reduce the amount of light. For example, a 5-stage filter (ND32) blocks the light by 5 halves in a row. Below is a recommendation of when each ND filter should be used:
- ND64 (6 stops) – For extremely sunny days;
- ND32 (5 stops) – Best for very bright days;
- ND16 (4 stops) – For partly cloudy days or early to morning;
- ND8 (3 stops) – For mostly cloudy days or just before sunset.
Installation is very easy with the Mavic Air 2 compatible filter holder. You just have to remove the old filter by gently turning it to the left (about 15 degrees). The new filter must be brought into position and turned to the right until it is perfectly aligned with the lens. Note: You should support the gimbal during the process to avoid excessive stress on the sensitive motors. In addition, you should only remove / install a filter when it is switched off.
- Mavic Air 2 compatible quick release design for easy installation;
- Made from German SCHOTT optical glass and light aluminum frame;
- Double-sided coating that is waterproof, oil and scratch resistant;
- Reduces reflection without color shifts.
- Pass the gimbal start calibration process.
- Four different ND values (8, 16, 32 and 64).
- Excellent workmanship, fits perfectly with Mavic Air 2;
- No visible negative effects on the image quality;
- Supplied lens cleaning tissues;
- Only with a lifetime guarantee $ 49.99
Sample videos for PGYTech Mavic Air 2 ND filters
Unprocessed, full resolution photos taken with Mavic Air 2 with PGYTech neutral filters Here.
PGYTech Mavic Air 2 filter series
4. Other PGYTech Mavic Air 2 accessories
- Variable neutral density (VND) filters (2 to 5 stops or 6 to 9 stops);
- Four filters with neutral density / polarization (ND8 / PL, ND16 / PL, ND32 / PL and ND64 / PL);
- UV and CPL filters;
- Landing gear extensions (lifting your Mavic Air 2 by 35 mm);
- LED headlight set with chassis extensions;
- Onemo shoulder bag;
- Hard case safety case (IP67 waterproof, impact-resistant and corrosion-resistant);
- Onemo 25L backpack for all your creative tools;
- Type C to Lightning and Type C to Lightning 65 cm RC tablet cable;
- Combination of accessories MAVIC AIR 2 (UV filter, landing gear extensions, propeller holder and landing pad and pad holder).