New members joined to the US Drone Advisory Committee
#AD: year-end sales
US Secretary of Transportation Elaine L. Chao today announced new appointments to the Drone Advisory Committee (DAC) of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
“The Drone Advisory Committee is key to helping the FAA keep pace with innovation while protecting safety,” said the US Secretary of Transportation Elaine L. Chao.
Members are executives representing a variety of unmanned aerial vehicle systems (UAS) interests, including industry, research, science, retail, technology, and state and local government agencies.
The DAC is a broad, long-term federal advisory council that advises the FAA on important UAS integration issues by helping to identify challenges and prioritize improvements. The committee helps develop a comprehensive strategy for the safe integration of the UAS into the national airspace system.
“As the UAS industry evolves, it is important to have DAC members who reflect the many facets of this fast growing industry. We know FAA members will help ensure the highest levels of safety while keeping pace with new and innovative technology for UAS, ”said FAA Administrator Steve Dickson.
The DAC has up to 35 members and today’s announcement will fill 12 vacancies. The new members listed below have a two-year term and will join DAC Chairman Michael Chasen, Chairman of the Advisory Board of PrecisionHawk USA, Inc.
The new DAC members are:
- Seleta Reynolds, General Manager, Los Angeles Department of Transportation
- Dr. Paul Hsu, founder and chairman of the HSU Foundation
- Matt Parker, President of Precision Integrated Programs
- Molly Wilkinson, vice president of regulatory affairs for American Airlines
- Brad Hayden, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Robotic Skies
- David Carbon, Vice President and General Manager of Amazon Prime Air
- Adam Bry, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Skydio
- Kenji Sugahara, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Drone Service Providers Alliance
- Brandon Torres Declet, Chairman of the Board and Co-Founder of MEASURE
- Dr. Jaiwon Shin, Executive Vice President, Head of UAM and Chief Executive Officer of Genesis Air Mobility
- Dr. Catherine Cahill, director of the Alaska Center for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration
- Vic Moss, Owner, Moss Photography