Propeller Senior Gross sales Engineer Europe – Drones Information
Propeller provides hardware and software solutions that help people do the dirty, dangerous, and invaluable work that drives our society – construction, mining, aggregates, and waste management.
Like us, the people who make up our industries are passionate about getting the job done right. That is why every product and service we offer is designed so that you can give your best.
Propeller is an established force in drone mapping and site management, but we’ve kept that young, scratchy start-up energy that helped us build that presence in the first place.
We are certainly not a suit-and-tie community, but we also have no rags in our ranks. We are fascinated by solving difficult problems in unknown areas. Each team member is empowered to creatively approach, own, and solve problems. We listen to each other, never stop learning, own our mistakes, and work together effortlessly.
Would you like to know what our team is actually saying about us? Check out our Glassdoor reviews.
You will work closely with the sales team, help sell the technical side of our products and advise new customers on the implementation of propeller solutions. You lead the platform demonstration and grapple with technical issues while the salesperson focuses on customer benefits. In addition, you will work closely with our EU distributors and build their knowledge and demonstration skills through training and frequent calls.
For this hybrid role, we are looking for an experienced person who is also able to enter this role and identify knowledge gaps within the EU dealer network of Propeller and to create training and education materials for specialist dealers that reflect their different knowledge and expertise. You will be involved in delivering one-on-one training on site and showcasing a great mix of your contributions for both the sales team and the business development team.
About you and the role:
You have worked in the construction industry and speak the language of survey managers. You have a proven track record of working between sales and customer success roles and strive to build successful and productive channel relationships. You would like to teach others how to solve problems and improve processes and workflows using the latest technology. You can control a room with your physical / virtual presence and navigate company policy to achieve successful results. You will:
- Build productive and professional relationships with EU dealers.
- Collaborate with Propeller / Dealer sales reps on sales demos focusing on the technical issues and pre-selling data support.
- Train dealers to effectively demonstrate, sell and support Propeller solutions to their new and existing customers; Streamline training processes and improve training materials for full scale deployment.
- Work as a subject matter expert for the Propeller platform, AeroPoints, PPK workflows and upcoming products, especially for the technical spatial requirements for processing usable data.
- Work with various teams at Propeller to qualify dealers, including the business development, sales, customer success, account management, marketing and pre-sales engineering teams.
- 30-40% travel within the EU required (currently limited by COVID impact).
- Do technical onboarding of new dealers.
- Over 10 years of experience in the construction industry with a technical background in surveying, GIS or photogrammetry.
- Ability to speak confidently to customers and dealers, experience in a sales or training role.
- English and German speakers with excellent communication and writing skills.
- A passion for supporting channel partner organizations, experience in the dynamics of technology sales by distributors.
- Team player, proactive, energetic and a self starter.
Bonus points for personal experience or work knowledge in the following areas:
- SaaS products and SaaS business models
- UAVs and drone computing
- 3D visualization platforms
Propeller is for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer who actively promotes diversity. We believe our differences should be celebrated and we encourage people to come just as they are.
According to our latest Culture Amp survey, 100% of our employees would recommend us as a great place to work. We’re also very proud of our Glassdoor reviews and are constantly striving to improve our employee and interview experience.
We offer employee stock options and the equivalent of an employee retirement plan, paid vacation, reasonable vacation, and paid parental leave in addition to several other benefits. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and we can’t wait for you to join us.