Skydio Options Engineer – Enterprise – Drones Information
Skydio is a global leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and air traffic. The Skydio team combines extensive expertise in artificial intelligence, world-class hardware and software product development and operational excellence to reach a broader and more diverse audience of drone users – from action sports enthusiasts to first aiders to claims regulators. We are looking for a motivated, results-oriented solution engineer who will lead the technical discovery and implementation with our corporate customers. You are responsible for understanding customer requirements and demonstrating the capabilities of the Skydio product lines to win offers.
A successful candidate for this role will act as a link between our product and sales teams, understand Skydio’s customer requirements and specifications, and create achievable plans to implement Skydio technology as specified. This role reports to the Director of Solutions Engineering and will work closely with our product, engineering and sales functions to provide industry leading autonomous solutions on time.
How to make a difference:
- Improve Skydio’s understanding of customer needs and identify key customer metrics of success. and carry out proof-of-concepts (POCs) and relevant field trials.
- Prepare and conduct all aspects of system demonstrations, including independently setting up development equipment, operating / troubleshooting the system, and presenting its values to customers and partners.
- Perform all aspects of system validation and customer implementations to ensure a successful deployment.
- Provide expertise in field operations at company level and lead the teams for sales, customer success and products.
- Support business development through technical writing for RFIs and RFPs
- Support the definition and requirements of the product roadmap by acting as an SME and “voice of the customer” for corporate customers.
- General market launch and business support as needed.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills for audiences of all levels.
- Experience in implementing new technologies for internal / external customers and in working with technical teams to deliver projects on time.
- Bring a strong background in UAV systems as well as an additional technical area (photogrammetry, UAS inspection, mission planning software, prototyping, electronics or aviation regulations).
- Technical knowledge or experience with company-level organizations that use UAV systems, sensors, and analytical systems.
- Experience in the acquisition process of a large technology company.
- The ability to obtain a Part 107 certificate is required.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
At Skydio, we believe diversity drives innovation. We have created a multidisciplinary environment that uses the power of different perspectives to create elegant solutions to complex problems. We strive to expand our network of people, programs and resources to promote an inclusive culture across race, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, experience, neurodiversity and background. Our common goal is to ensure that autonomous drones are used ethically and effectively in all industries.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB