Skyports – Chief Know-how Officer (UK) – Drones Information
Established in 2017, Skyports is the leading owner and operator of Vertiports, which enable the operation of electric air taxis in a number of cities around the world. The first commercial flights are planned for 2023. We also run a logistics service, Delivery by Skyports, which provides solutions for the delivery of cargo drones for the media, logistics and e-commerce sectors and works for companies such as the NHS and Royal Mail in the UK.
With offices in London, Singapore and San Francisco, Skyports is well funded as we received our Series A funding from Deutsche Bahn, Groupe ADP, Irelandia Aviation and Levitate Capital in early 2020.
Skyports is looking for a CTO to define, design and create the blueprint for IT systems for our Vertiports. The candidate defines the strategic direction for our systems development, puts together and leads a team to build the systems, identify elements to be outsourced and elements to be built internally, and identify areas where the company is capturing value through its IT and data management systems can.
- Define the technology plan that aligns with the business goals.
- Own the technology procurement strategy by identifying the elements of the system that we need to develop, outsource, or off-the-shelf in-house.
- Design and develop the end-to-end software systems and IT infrastructure required to operate a Vertiport, including:
- Define the hardware requirements such as sensors, communication and radar architecture that are necessary for eVTOLs to operate from the Vertiport.
- Develop and maintain relationships with aircraft manufacturers technical teams to understand their performance and technical requirements, and to ensure that the technology infrastructure can support eVTOL operations.
- Make sure our technology meets the requirements of civil aviation and standardization bodies.
- Make sure that our technology meets the highest requirements for operational safety on the air side.
- Define the telemetry collection and data analysis capabilities required to continuously improve the customer journey, resource management and operations.
- Be obliged to travel the world.
- Be an all-round team member. We’re a small team and everyone contributes to everything at some point.
You will have many of the following skills:
- Over 10 years of experience in leading technology teams, preferably in airline / airport environments as well as in high-growth companies / start-ups.
- Extensive experience leading the design (architectural, functional, etc.), development, implementation and operation of a greenfield system to be hosted in a public cloud. (Experience in API development and the connection to non-trivial hardware components would be an advantage).
- Knowledge of the general principles of secure software design. (Experience with the specific requirements for flight software would be an advantage).
- Experience with hardware systems such as CNS technology to enable data transmission and communication from airplanes and vertiports.
- Knowledge of airport systems (structure and flow of information around airport operations) such as AODB, SCMC, A-CDM, FIDS, COMs and the like would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to grow and lead a high performing team.
Your working style:
- Convenience when navigating through ambiguity. This is a new industry and no one has all the answers.
- Self-starter who likes to propose his own solutions / answers to major challenges and make decisions.
- Energy and curiosity to make things happen, seek solutions and learn new skills.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- Flexible, friendly and appealing working environment.
- Fantastic learning environment.
- An exciting, fast-paced culture in which we can really have a positive impact on the world of transport.
If this role sounds like a role to you, we’d like to speak to you. Please apply Here and we will get back to you as soon as possible with the next steps.
Previous articleUAS Software Engineer at Freefly East in New Jersey