Skyports hiring – Drone Pilots / Flight Operations Engineers – Drones Information
We are currently recruiting for Drone pilots / flight operations engineers to join our mission to change the way we move important goods in our communities. If you currently hold your PfCO with multiple rotors and / or fixed-wing blades and are looking for a new challenge, please send an email [email protected] along with your résumé and customized cover letter.
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic about commercial UAVs, have extensive experience in flying drones and / or model airplanes, and will be able to responsibly follow operating procedures to also fly safely in urban environments.
The tasks include:
- As a pilot or observer, be part of a team to operate commercial multi-rotor and fixed-wing UAVs in BVLOS automatic long-range delivery projects and test programs.
- UAV ground handling, maintenance and support in setting up the ground-based infrastructure at the landing site.
- Obtain the necessary licenses to legally operate as a commercial drone pilot.
- Training on how to manually fly our multi-rotor and tilt-rotor fixed-wing drones and how to carry out automated missions.
- Be an all-round team member. We’re a small team and everyone contributes to everything at some point. The role includes manual flying, designing and optimizing missions, monitoring automatic flights, talking to partners, assisting other pilots as observers, and responsible implementation of operational and safety procedures.
- The position includes domestic and international travel and the person must be familiar with short-term travel to different regions over an extended period of time.
Our ideal candidate looks something like this:
- Responsible and safety-oriented. Some of our projects will involve BVLOS flights in urban environments, so a very high standard of security is required.
- Fantastic communication skills. Safe flight operations are all about open and honest communication and reporting.
- Very experienced in flying multi-rotor, fixed-wing drones or model airplanes.
- Strong interest in the application of UAV drone delivery in medical, commercial and logistic use cases.
- A strong technical background in systems engineering, mechatronics, electrical engineering or aerospace engineering.
- Don’t be afraid to learn new skills as needed.
- Ability to solve problems on the fly and provide critical solutions.
- A self-starter, a great team player who can integrate into a small team.
- Available for longer trips (4-5 weeks) and flexible when last minute changes occur.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary plus equity.
- A unique, exciting and fast-paced work environment where we can truly change the world of transportation and healthcare for good.
- The opportunity to help shape the future of the cargo drone delivery industry.
- The opportunity to travel.
- Fantastic learning environment. Our employees have backgrounds from leading companies such as PwC, CS3 Electronics Development, Deloitte, Virgin Australia, ICF, IATA, Helical, EY, McKinsey and Savills.
- Promotion opportunities.
Previous articleThe capital of Sanari supports the global expansion of Lightware LiDARNext articleSkydio – flight test engineer