Wingcopter Software program Developer Flight Management (m/f/d) – Drones Information
Full-time position – start date: as soon as possible – location: Darmstadt / Germany
Do you want to shape the future of aviation? Do you share our vision of saving and improving lives through technology with a purpose? Then join our ambitious team of young talents and experienced professionals!
At Wingcopter we develop innovative high-performance drones that are used in commercial and humanitarian missions worldwide. Our drone technology saves and improves lives every day.
We are currently looking for one Software developer who supports the flight operations department in the further development of our flight control software.
What you will do
- Assisting in the formation and structuring of a software development team
- Develop and modify a px4 FlightStack
- Refine the guidance-navigation-control algorithms
- Work closely with the development department and software development teams (e.g. ground control software).
- Conduct hardware-in-the-loop tests and support the flight test department
- Take responsibility for documentation and software development review for aviation authority approval
- Supporting the customer’s and company’s flight operations departments
What you will need:
- Experience in embedded development (real-time application), ideally on px4 and / or APM flight stack
- Sound programming knowledge in C / C ++ and at least basic knowledge of scripting languages (preferred Python
- Experience in using standard software development tools (GIT, CI etc.)
- Experience in software certification
- Knowledge of aeronautical engineering (especially flight mechanics) is a big plus.
- Knowledge of development and approval standards, e.g. RTCA DO 178 is a plus.
- Experience in model flying or manned flying is an advantage.
What you bring as a perfect candidate:
- You are a team player.
- You have a can-do mentality.
- They believe that technology can have a positive impact on society and our future.
What we offer:
- A highly motivated team
- The exciting life of a fast growing tech startup
- The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas
- The active promotion of your personal and professional development
- The chance to have a positive impact through your work
- An exceptional work environment
Previous articleOrbital delivers positive results for fiscal 20 and underlines its growing reputation in the tactical UAV sector