XILO 5″ DIY FPV drone (Joshua Bardwell Version)
The Xilo 5 ″ DIY KIT is the perfect beginner package that gives you everything you need to build your own freestyle FPV drone. It contains a frame kit, a flight controller, an FPV rig (camera and VTX), motors and propellers. There is also a detailed step-by-step video tutorial from Joshua Bardwell about how to build it from scratch.
Like most 5-inch FPV racing quads, the XILO Phreak has two performance options. While the 4s Edition has 2600 kV motors, the 6s has 1700 kV motors. The remaining kit parts are identical in both versions. In general, 4s versions are more suitable for beginners. The 6S version has slightly more potential performance due to the higher voltage.
Since the motors are only supplied with wires, you need a soldering iron to make the electronic connection to the ESC board. It also takes a couple of screwdrivers to assemble the frame Xilo kit.
The 5 “XILO ARF drone kit contains the following parts:
- XILO Phreakstyle Slam Freestyle frame kit;
- XILO Stax Combo flight stack (F4 Flight Controller + 45A BLHeli_32 6s 4-in-1 ESC);
- 4 pieces of XILO Stealth 2206 1700KV motors (6S) or XILO Stealth 2600KV motors (4S);
- 1 set of Lumenier 5 × 5.3 × 3 – Gate Breaker Propeller;
- FPV camera Caddx Turbo Micro F2 XILO Edition;
- XILO STAX 5.8 GHz FPV video transmitter (25-600 mW VTX power);
- XILO AXII SMA 5.8 GHz antenna (RHCP) + XILO phreakstyle antenna bracket – SMA / RX;
- Customized XILO Bardwell Edition case with handle.
Must be complete (not included in the kit);
In order to breathe in the air, you need a compatible radio system (radio receiver and transmitter), a flight battery (4s or 6s) and a battery charger in addition to the supplied parts. For first-person view flights, you also need FPV goggles.