Zipline, Medical Drone Supply Pioneer to Headline HISA2020, a Digital Occasion by IT Information Africa – Drones Information
Technology is changing industry on a global scale. The COVID-19 pandemic is an exciting opportunity for doctors and policymakers to test new ways that technologies – like telemedicine, AI, big data, analytics, cloud computing, and mobility – can fuel sustainable health systems of the future.
An example of this is Zipline, an on-demand drone delivery company that uses aviation technology to distribute medical supplies to healthcare workers in Africa and around the world. The US-based company is currently valued at $ 1.2 billion and is named one of the Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company.
Zipline says it is a mission to provide instant access to vital medical supplies for everyone on earth – by combining healthcare expertise with cutting edge technology. As their Rwandan blood donation is an excellent case study for such a mission.
Daniel Marfo, GM of Zipline International, is expected to unpack Zipline’s customer-oriented and technical approach at this year’s Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa, which will take place from December 2-3, 2020.
HISA 2020 will bring together the who’s who of African health and technology communities for two days of networking, lively intellectual exchange, and exploring the future of health care.
The main topics at HISA 2020 include:
- Building resilient health systems in a COVID-19
- Impact of the pandemic on digital health disruption
- Identity and access management for healthcare
- COVID-19 and patient engagement technologies
- Healthcare Analytics – How Can We Start the Process?
Confirmed speakers are:
- Dr. Vuma Magapa, Director e-Health, Ministry of Health, KZN
- Eldrid Jordaan, CEO of GovChat
- Greg Horne, Global Principal of Healthcare at the SaS Institute
- Daniel Marfo, GM of Zipline International
- Paul Cox, Managing Director of Essential Med
- Maria Carpenter, Head of Digital Channels at Discovery
- Dr. Ramneek Ahluwalia, CEO of Higher Health SA
- Boitumelo Sementle Makokotlela, CEO of SAHPRA (Health Products Regulatory Authority in South Africa)
- Teshlin Akaloo, MD of Innovative Healthcare Solutions at Netcare
- Loic Potjes, MD of Disruptive Leap
How to participate:
Register HERE for this summit