Zipline – Technical Author – Drones Information
Do you want to change the world Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and life saving medicines to thousands of hospitals that serve millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide immediate access to vital medical supplies for everyone on earth. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
Do you have a knack for translating highly technical and complex concepts into user-friendly information? Have you worked in a highly regulated environment that has helped you develop a sense of the needs of both regulators and manual users?
We are looking for a talented technical writer to help you create and create a robust, high quality document system for our fast operations, including manuals, operating procedures and guidelines. You will have the opportunity to use your applied thinking and strong analytical skills to improve messaging and documentation, as well as to develop and promote the adoption of documentation. You are responsible for services of considerable scope and complexity.
You will work with many cross-functional teams and will listen and draw on their expertise, experience and needs. You work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. You know how to set a high bar for the quality and accuracy of your documentation, and you will keep your communications and actions to the same standard.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Create, maintain and update high quality manuals, procedures and other documents that are compliant and easy to use
- Design and establish style guidelines and standards for text and illustrations
- Review, revise, edit, and proofread documents created by others
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of updates to documents
- Encourage cross-functional collaboration with SMEs to review and approve documentation
WHAT YOU BRING WITH YOU
- At least a bachelor’s degree in journalism (or significant prior knowledge as a technical writer)
- You have significant experience working with or in a regulator focusing on aerospace, aerospace and / or transportation (candidates with strong relevant experience in other highly regulated and safety-oriented industries may also be considered in certain cases) .
- Experience cross-functional working to communicate the nuts and bolts of a process
- Strong experience in having a consistent documentation creation process, including experience in developing technical standards and business processes (internal and external)
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment
- You can communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) and develop strong relationships with internal business teams and external stakeholders
- You have the courage, ingenuity, and resilience to thrive in novel, unsafe, and ever-changing business and regulatory environments
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind, regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by Federal, state, or local laws, or our own sensitivities.
We value the diversity at Zipline and look forward to applications from people who are traditionally underrepresented in technology. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure whether it is a perfect fit, please apply!