Zipline – US Regulatory – Drones Information
We are looking for someone to drive the expansion of Zipline’s Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) commercial supply operations in the United States.
As a member of Zipline’s Legal, Regulatory & Policy team, you are responsible for obtaining and maintaining regulatory approvals that enable Zipline to operate safely, efficiently, and to scale in the United States and to act as a primary point of contact for key regulators in Related to Zipline’s commercial UAS activities.
The key to this role will be to master Zipline’s exceptional commercial UAS activities, effectively manage Zipline’s ongoing interactions with U.S. and state aviation and transportation regulators, and Zipline’s internal teams To advise and enable current and future regulatory requirements. Meet them and work closely with teams across the company as well as experts, regulators and industry groups.
Responsibility on the first day is great, and turning off the park can provide an unusual opportunity to play a pivotal role in developing and implementing the regulatory strategy that provides millions of Americans with access to key medical supplies on demand.
What you will do
– Board on day one to advance existing aviation regulatory approvals for Zipline’s commercial UAS operations in the United States. – In close consultation with the General Counsel, you should determine Zipline’s strategic direction, prioritization, and implementation of the aviation regulations operations required to expand delivery operations in the United States
– Become an expert and the first point of contact for teammates and regulators in all types of aviation regulations that apply to Zipline’s current and future delivery operations in the United States. Build and maintain close relationships with key U.S. states (e.g., FAA and USDOT) and government (e.g., NCDOT) regulators to drive Zipline’s business and operational goals.
– Advice and participation (if necessary) in regulatory and industry bodies that set standards, regulatory frameworks or technical requirements that are relevant to Zipline’s commercial UAS operations. regular process updates etc.
– Manage and execute corporate projects that are in line with key FAA and USDOT initiatives. – Work closely with legal, regulatory, and policy colleagues, as well as our business, operations, and development teams, to help Zipline succeed in a novel, complex U.S. regulatory environment for commercial UAS operations
What you bring
– You have extensive experience working with or in a regulator that focuses on aeronautics, aerospace and / or transportation (in certain cases, candidates with strong relevant experience in other highly regulated and safety-related industries may also be considered become).
– You quickly grasp complex technical and regulatory problems and developments and their effects on our business
– You have analytical accuracy and groundbreaking creativity to be “unique” through challenging regulatory processes
– You are ready to plunge into the weeds and dive head first into the UAS technology and operation of Zipline. You can communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) and build close relationships with internal business teams and external stakeholders
– You can maintain and maintain a strong and partnership relationship with the FAA and other aeronautical regulators (such as the Department of Defense and State Department of Transportation).
– You have the courage, ingenuity, and resilience to succeed in novel, insecure, and ever-changing business and regulatory environments
– You think wisely, act decisively and stand together with your teammates
– They firmly believe that access is important and that we can and will provide access to basic medical supplies for everyone on the planet
– You have a B.A. or B.S. Degree (legal or technical degree is welcome but not required)
– Must be authorized to work in the United States.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
This role is based in California, but we’re open to flexible work options, particularly in Washington, DC or North Carolina.
Zipline is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind regardless of race, skin color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other feature protected by Federal, state or local laws or our own sensitivity.
We appreciate the diversity of Zipline and welcome applications from people who are traditionally underrepresented in technology. If you like the sound of this position, but you are not sure whether you fit perfectly, please apply!
APPLY FOR THIS JOB